Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back In Action

Chinese New Year is almost over.

Since the week I came back to work, many events had taken place. For instance, last week I met up with a candidate on a Saturday!!! Yep.....after a week's break, I had to actually work on a Saturday! Oh well, never mind.....after all with this current economic downturn, we have to be thankful if we still get to keep our jobs. Be even more thankful if there are candidates for us to meet cause that would mean there are still clients who need our assistance.

Come Monday, a new assignment landed on my desk. Wow! So happy. For the first time I was feeling so glad to receive a new assignment. Boss kept reminding us that we have to appreciate whatever assignments we have, be it small or big. Told us not to be so choosy anymore coz we cannot afford to lose any clients at this point of time. He also told us to work extremely hard to ensure that we close the assignments. Hmmm...I can never agree better. But then, usually he was the choosy and arrogant one...picking on what assignments we should accept and at what sort of rates. Low rates, don't do. But now....low rates also better do. Sigh..... is it really so crucial? Didn't I hear our DPM assuring us that it isn't really that bad and that Malaysia is not badly affected?

Oh well......our Government ministers are prone to not remembering what they say. Either that or their statements are usually being misunderstood by so many ears. What they say is not what we have interpreted. Make sense? Hmmphh.....

Workouts at the gym has been...err....interesting. I am trying to get back on my feet by working out on alternate days. At the same time, personal trainer gave me a cd. Told me to listen to it and then let him know my opinion. You know what? The cd was about Network 21.....AMWAY!!! Oh...I love listening to motivational talks. I listened to it for easily 5-6 times and then during our next session, I practically told him the entire content. He was amazed coz he didn't pick-up as many pointers as I did.

Anyway, early this week, I was given another cd again. This time he said he has not listened to it. Told me to listen and then brief him what it was all about. Hmm.......I suspected something amiss. Fishy....but I didn't mind. It's one of those MLM tactics. I was at one point very much involved with MLM so I said to myself...never mind...I have nothing to lose....I can always apply the motivations onto my current job. I don't need to become an Amway distributor. I'm interested with their products but not the business.

In between the days, I was busy preparing my candidates for interviews. I sent 2 yesterday and 2 more will be going in for a different position. In fact, I had to skip lunch to give way to one of the candidate and I finished late today as I had to meet up with another candidate. But again, I remind myself repeatedly be thankful that I have candidates to send for interview.s Now I need to pray real, real hard. I hope I am able to close these two positions.

Coming back to Network 21. And so I finished the 2nd cd and I briefed my personal trainer. Guess what? This time he gave me 3 cds and a ticket to attend a convention!!! And then told me he has the distributor application form in his hand...just waiting for me to sign up!! Alamak!!!

I was numbstrucked. Although I have anticipated that this day would come, I was somehow not quite prepared for it and didn't know how to respond. I just gave him my best smile possible.

Okay, on a positive note...this could be my one in a million chance of a lifetime to make it big during the downturn. I mean, honestly I have seen people making big successes during the crisis in 1997. The time when so many people were badly hit, some became better. So should I go for it? I have nothing to lose, right? Well, the most I would lose is my time but then again I will learn so many things along the way. Am I correct in thinking so? Or have I lost my mind from reading and hearing too much about positive thinking?

Today we had a farewell lunch for a colleague. Tomorrow shall be her last day with us. I know she will be reading this. I wish her all the best in her future undertakings. We have worked like a family, although we do not communicate among one another everyday. Seated too far away. If need to chat got to walk over to one's place. There had been good and bad times but it's never a heavy storm. We share a great bond and I shall miss her.

Came back from lunch and a candidate dropped me a bomb. Decided to withdraw from an interview. Fine. Great. Move on...Ignore the negative ones coz I do not want this type of people to affect me mentally.

Tomorrow is the last working day for the week. I am so anxious. The assignments are really critical and I really hope that I will be hearing good news, not just for myself but for the Company as well. Pray and hope.

Not really a turbulence for the past 2 weeks. Not really somewhat a great week that I would shout about either. What I do know is Monday is a PUBLIC HOLIDAY and that's what I'd like to shout about! Yabbadabbadooooooooooooo............................

No comments: