Monday, March 16, 2009

Bruschetta

Last weekend, I had the urge to prepare something different for the family. So off I went shopping at Tesco. Upon arrival, I went to King's Confectionery. Checked the baguette.....it was RM2.49...hmm...I thought to myself......cheaper than what I expected (I don't buy baguettes so I didn't know the market price).

Then I went into Tesco. Walked into
the bakery section. Saw the baguettes hot from the oven. The lady was putting it one by one into the long paper bag. Checked the price...whoaaaaaa....RM 1.59!! Grab lor.....waiting for what summore? Any human in the right frame of mind would definitely grab it, what more 1 chinese lady stood next to another lady and told her Tesco baguette very nice. Then I went to gather a few other stuffs, paid and went home.

When my mom saw the baguette, she was quite worried. My aunt also gave the same reaction...err....we are gonna eat that hard-hard bread ah? Alamak!
Eh.....you all are not being very adventurous with food la. And not very encouraging to me as well.

Anyway, here's what I did.


Ingredients:

Capsicum

Yellow pepper
Tomatoes

Ham

Bacon

Gar
lic spread
Cheese - grated
Pepper
Salt

Baguette - sliced


Here's how I did it. Not sure if it's the right method.


1. Chopped the capsicum, yellow pepper and tomatoes. Mixed them together with a bit of salt to taste.
2. Stir fry quickly the cubed ham and bacon. Set aside. Toast the sliced baguette in the oven. Once it turns brown, turn over to the other side until it turns brown as well. Remove and apply the garlic spread.
3. Add a dash of pepper.
4. Spread the chopped ingredients on top. Followed by the ham and bacon.
5. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.

6. Put it back into the oven for another quick toast. Just to heat it up.

Serve hot. It tastes better.


Well, I thought I had cheese at home but when I got home I found out I had none. So mine went without cheese. Dad loves it. I do
too because it's not heavy, not filling. Just nice for a light, healthy meal.



By the way, guess what? The following day I saw Giant advertised their baguette in the newspaper. Do you know how much? It was RM0.99!!!! And I thought I got a good deal at Tesco. Dummy me.

No comments: