Monday, March 23, 2009

Danell Showcase 227

A long overdued post. Just when everyone has gotten over the excitement, here I am blogging about it.

Mom has called me weeks earlier to tell me that Danell will be conducting his own showcase and she wants to attend. Told me to get tickets. Boy, was I surprised to receive her call because I wasn't even aware of whatever showcase that she was talking about.

The much awaited day finally arrived......my neck has grown a few inches longer waiting for this day. Feb 27, 2009 was a Friday. It was a crazy day for me. I had to work. To attend this event would mean I need to leave office early. And so my agenda went like this :

8:00am - Start work
5:00pm - Finish work(the only trouble was something came up at 4:50pm and I couldn't leave at 5pm sharp). It just had to happen on that very particular day.
5:15pm - Left office. Headed for home...yes....I had to go back to Klang to fetch a bunch of faithful fans.
5:45pm - Zig zagged my way through along the highways. Managed to reach home in 30 minutes including the waitings at a few traffic lights. Office in USJ, mind you.
5:50pm - Showered. Collected 2 old ladies at my house
6:00pm - Went to pick-up Edrik. 10 minutes of shower. Obviously it is mandi kerbau la. Apa lagi? (I had to call up the centre to request for earlier release - 30 minutes earlier, to be precise).
6:05pm - Left Klang and headed to KL.
7:30pm - Arrived at Wisma MCA. I would have arrived earlier had I not taken a wrong turn and ended up in some weird places. But that's typical of me.

I met lots of my "old" as in old friends. Took my tickets and found some seats way behind. The whole entire rows were supposedly for the fan club.

Waited.....*tapping my finger......8pm, no sign of Danell. I thought the show starts at 8pm. So while waiting, here's what I took.

The auditorium.

The banner.
And then we heard drums strolling, the lights shone on someone. He looked so small and from where I was seated, I couldn't see him very clearly. But the audiences were shouting. So it has to be Danell, right? I got excited. It turned out the guy was a fellow singer from the same recording company as Danell....Hao Ren. He was the special guest invited to perform and I think he rendered 2 of his popular numbers.

Then Danell made his entry with his own composition - Sui Yi Men (Portal), his back facing us.

He performed many songs that night. His own numbers, jazz, bosa nova....so many. He did his unplug with his Takamine. He swayed his butt. He kept mentioning "cool". He was bilingual that night. So considerate of him...knowing most of his Pinkies are bananas. he threw flying kisses which turned his fans all mad, screaming away. He responded with "I Love You too". Gosh...I must say his PR skills has certainly improved. Still a shy boy, I find him. But I also find him being able to interact and handle the crowd with much more confidence now.


This was taken when he was singing his Heaven Knows. A killer song, that's what I think. One would just melt and die for him when he sings this number.
His XJHXJN bosa nova version sounded really weird to me. But he seemed to like it and was proud with it.

An hour passed so fast. It was the end of the show. He said good-bye and left. The audiences didn't have enough of him especially his Pinkies. We all shouted 'encore, encore, encore...." (the drummer strolled the drum, adding on to the suspense) endlessly until he showed up with his winning song, Mimpi. Wow....indeed it was the right number to sing. All of us stood up, singing along. All of us know this song by heart. We whistled, we waved banners and light boards. We were very high.

After this song, Dan gave a short speech. Once again, thanking all of us, his recording company, parents and family and his fans. Emotions got into him. Tears welled up. He cried. Pinkies said, "Danell, please don't cry"....Awww.......it was a touching moment when he related his feelings, the stress he went through preparing for the showcase. Another Pinkie gave him a tissue to wipe his tears. Some Pinkies cried along with him.


Danell and the Pinkies has a very unusual relationship....a special bond. Although he is a shy boy, the Pinkies has supported him throughout his 3 years in the entertainment industry. He has a magical charisma which I do not know how to describe. His fans base comprises of not just the young girls, there are young children, teenage boys, and uncles and aunties as well. It's a combination of all age group.

A picture paints a thousand words. Look carefully at this group picture and you will know what I mean.

Overall, I feel Danell did a good job. He was bold enough to try something different. Apart from a small stage, it would have been better if he had 2 big screens on the sides so that those seated at the back can have better view. Oh, and I'd like to add this.....Danell, I liked the way you swayed your butt. I hope to see you do more dances and build some muscles. I know you can do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]kSpJgLiiJt[/url] - LUPXCcSgaHMibmcII , http://hhmgziigpu.com