Thursday, January 1, 2009

Birthday

Today is my birthday. Yup...1st Jan 19xx I received my 1st birthday gift on 30th Dec because she wouldn't be seeing me after that. So she gave me the pressie in advance. I didn't open it until today and when I did...tadaaaa.....this was what she gave.


A pair of earrings from Khazanah. Yesterday I met up with an old friend. We had lunch together. I have not seen her in years. We were supposed to meet to lunch but then she lost her way and was late. In the end she arrived at almost 2pm and we had a late lunch. The minute she got out from the car, she gave me a gift wrapper paper bag. She reminded me that the next day will be my birthday and this was actually a gift from her. Aww...I was so so touched. I didn't know how she knew. I cannot recall telling her. Maybe I did and I have forgotten. But this was the first time she actually gave me a gift and wished me. She was the last person I would have expected to receive a gift from. I was really touched and I was at the verge of hugging her but no..I didn't do it coz I was at the corridor and a lot of people were around us. Too shy to hug her. She said...don't shake it. And have it for yourself. Don't share. After lunch we dispersed and then I opened up the paper bag. In the paper bag was a box.


And in the box, I found this. 5 beautiful cupcakes. 3 toppled but it's ok. Still..they looked really sweet and pretty to me. When I opened the box, the aroma of the butter cupcakes was really strong. I ate 2 of it later that evening as I had promised to attend rpm class. It tasted really good. I just do not know how to thank her for this. It was really the thoughts that count. And that was what made our friendship simple yet beautiful.















Okay..something new happened to me yesterday. I was supposedly to train with my personal trainer but he smsed to say that he was requested to cover a class...rpm. The original instructor couldn't find a replacement and hoped that he could help her. And yea...the timing actually clashes with my slot.

So what this smart aleck did was...he asked if it is ok for him to cover the class and then invited me to join his rpm. Sighhh....rpm was the last thing I ever had in my mind. I told him to go ahead but to count me out from his class. I mean...10 minutes of cycling during my training session is already so exhausting for me..what more rpm that goes on for approximately 45 mins??

heck...no way I'm gonna attend the class but he gave some theory and I relented. Then for the whole entire day I was pondering over it. I tried to find excuses. I told him I will break my legs. He obviously didn't buy the story. he explained with his theoretical facts again and again I gave in. Then 2 hours before class, I smsed him. I chickened out. I said I am very sleepy. Too tired from too much of reading. Needs to be excused from class. He replied.....get up and walk 2 rounds and do 10 repetitive floor push ups. I will feel better. Duhhh....so much for talking to a trainer.

Anyway he persuaded again and told me that I will definitely enjoy the class and it is all at my own pace. So I said..ok..I'll be there. And I went.

Boy..oh...boy...he had to pull the bike to the front row and place me right in the middle. He said so that he could monitor me. Aiyohhhh...ok la...whatever ler...I'm already there in the room...no way to escape anymore, right?

Throughout the class, I was amazed and surprised by how it was conducted. I found out that it was an even better way to de-stress then just working on the machines. It was really enjoyable. So he didn't lie when he said I will enjoy it.

I thanked him for talking me out of skipping the class. I now looked forward to attending more of his rpm classes. unfortunately I think it will be a bit tough as his classes are usually conducted during weekdays around noon. I will be at work at those hours.

So that was how I spent New Year Eve. No countdown for me this year. I had a hectic one last year and this year I have decided to just stay indoor and sleep. However, I received tonnes of smses and phone calls wishing me Happy New Year and Happy Birthday. These are moments that I treasured the most. As I aged, i realised I couldn't stand places that are over crowded. Hence, I avoid it.

Happy New Year everyone.

2 comments:

Mrs Chong said...

Hey!!!!!! Me too...I cannot stand places with many people especially if there's snow spray involved, I am out! =P

Hope you have a splendid year ahead.

Dav DiDi said...

Happy Belated Birthday ... My BF too is on 1/1