Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another Christmas Party

Well....after a fabulous time I had at the Christmas Party hosted by my boss, I had another one hosted by an aunt.

A self proclaimed Christian who never steps into the church, she decided to treat us to a Christmas dinner at a Chinese restaurant. So we went. We were told to bring a gift each for gift exchange during the later part of the evening.

Some of them were late. They were not punctual. That is a typical
Malaysian attitude. I cannot understand why. They are not ashamed of keeping others in wait for easily half an hour. I was bored and hungry. Getting restless, I looked around the restaurant. I found nothing nice except for the deco.















Then when everyone has arrived, at last...dinner is served. I had wanted to take pics of the food, all nicely garnished but no...I was famished. i couldn't wait. So in the end, I took this

The food looked like it had gone through a war zone, having been rummaged and salvaged. Dad asked why i took pic of empty dish. I said...oh, heck..I was too hungry and I don't want to hold the others from the nicely served food just because I wanted to take pics. It tasted superbly delicious. Or was it because I had been too hungry?

A pic of m
y family.

Standing left to right : Dad, Aunt, Cousin
Sitting left to right : Myself, Aunt, Edrik, Mom

We brought a Christmas cake along and guess what....altogether there were 4 Christmas cakes that night. Crazy...how to finish?


This one is from us.





After dinner, we went over to aunt's house for gift exchange.

Well, it was quite an interesting evening despite the waiting. I met cousins whom I have not seen in years. Some has changed tremendously. I wouldn't even be able to recognise them in the streets. It was a good time to be in touch again and rekindle fond memories.

No comments: